The installation of the stacks at the Boiler House near the No.7 Breaker was no easy task. Unlike today there were no heavy duty construction cranes capable of lifting heavy items high in the air. The men erecting the Boiler House stacks had to rely on blocks and tackles, rope, wire and their ingenuity.

Erecting New Boiler House Stacks - APRIL 15, 1916



Erecting New Boiler House Stacks - APRIL 14, 1917


1920's map showing the layout of the Boiler House near the No.7 Breaker.
The small pink triangles on the side of the blue building are the stacks.





Copyright 2012 Berwick RailFan Photo Gallery, all rights reserved.
www.BerwickRailFan.com - BerwickRailFan@hotmail.com